My husband and I whipped together this salad tonight to go along with our fish. It was inspired from a similar salad my sister-in-law prepared yesterday for a picnic. Quinoa, of course, is considered a super food with plenty of protein.
I ate this salad while the quinoa was still warm and the feta cheese was melted — it was heavenly and cured my hunger pains. We got about three cups or so from the quinoa, plenty for leftovers tomorrow.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- dash of wasabi (optional, it was in our fridge so we tried it out)
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve. Add to a saucepan with water. bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover on low, for 15 minutes. Let stand for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the vegetables.
- Add quinoa to a serving bowl and add oil, pepper, feta cheese, wasabi and chopped vegetables.
- Serve and enjoy!