Ever crave chocolate chip cookies but don’t want all the sugar and butter? I was craving chocolate chip cookies the other night and didn’t want to make an entire batch that I would inevitably eat. So I found this recipe instead. It doesn’t use any flour or sugar … but there’s room for lots of chocolate 🙂
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled ( you’ll need half cup dried for this)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Combo 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa with 1 cup of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Once it’s boiled, turn down the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 mins or until the water is absorbed. Stir and cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, almond butter and maple syrup. Add oats, flaxseed and salt. Add the chocolate chips.
3. Spoon batter onto a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper) and bake for 18-20 mins until golden brown.